Sunday, February 22, 2009

SegastaGlorious

It's really not fair.
She has a past...a recent one.
She really wants to change.
She made really bad decisions right before coming here...but now she's here. Things are so different now. I am so proud of her. She took an ugly situation and saw what she needed to do. When she got here, she met the right people. The Spirit of Ricks took her by storm and now she wants so bad to be somebody better...and she has a really great start. She cares. She knows who the enemy is (Satan) and she has become able to recognize evil and stay away from it. She has grown so much in the short time that I've known her. Her faith has grown so much. She used to say things that were just like...wow, she's a total ho...but now she says things and its like...that's so true. Especially the last two weeks, she has been so good and so clean. Anybody could tell that she has made huge strides in her spirituality. Now God matters to her. God is number 1 to her.

Things are rough for her. I know what it's like getting over an addiction. The feelings of worthlessness, helplessness, and frustration can at times be unbearable. It took me the biggest mistake of my life to scare me enough to change, that on top of my friend asking me to baptize him set me on the right track prontissimo. This time, though, wanting to come back to Christ and focusing on the Lord has taken me a long time. It's still difficult. She, on the other hand, made that switch in mindset so fast. Now it seems like nothing can get in her way to repentance.

...except for Exhibit A: Selena

Selena is a total ho. There's no way around it. She lives her life the way much of America lives their lives. The problem with that is we are all trying to live a better life--a happier life. Selena gets in the way. She has made it hard on everybody, including me, to make progress. Everybody has had issues and has had to talk to the Bishop because of the influence Selena is on that room. Sometimes I have really spiritual moments in that room. I have felt the Spirit there more than once. Never has this occurred when Selena is over there. She takes it away. Not only does she make it hard for us to keep clean thoughts and feel the Spirit, but she also mocks us for trying, sets an extremely poor example, and gives no respect for her roommates or the church.

Why is she even here?

So now, Selena has a good chance of getting kicked out, but our hero-girl might also get kicked out. WHAT? Hero-girl has made so much progress. She belongs here. She needs to be here so she can grow in the right environment. Selena, on the other hand, has made 0 progress, nor does she want to. She is loose, disrespectful, rude, and crude. She's gotta go.

Its not fair that SegastaGlorious might have to leave. If she goes back home it'll be so much harder for her to be the righteous daughter of God that she wants to be.

I'm really proud of her, and I hope she'll be able to stay.



---real names? who needs real names?

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry. you are such a good writer. i appreciate the support. seeing you write this helps me see who my real friends are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =] I think you hit the nail right on the head.. Pah, Selena.

    ReplyDelete