Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes I forget.
I forget who I am and I fall into ennui and darkness.
Sometimes I forget.
I forget that I have no power.
All the power is with God.
Everything that I do.
Everything that I see, hear, touch, taste--even think is a blessing from God.
He created my tongue, my hand, my eyes, my ears!
Why?
Because he wants me to remember him.
In this effort, I fail.
His brilliance, His glory is too magnificent for men.
We cannot look upon Him in our normal bodies.
What is the glory of God?
His work is all of us: to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man!
His fire, His majesty, all is for mankind.
I need to remember Him--in everything.
I forget Him--almost every day.
Does He forget me?
I tell you now and forever, the answer is no!
In spite of my sins, in spite of my pride, even though I dance with the devil, giving him all control over me, the God who created me remembers me.
More importantly, He loves me without condition.
I love Him too, but I am not perfect.
I am lost.
The devil found me and he is cruel.
It is easy to escape:
If you open your heart to God,
His fire burns bright for us and He will guide us back to Him.
He is magnificent.
He is light, and truth.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment